Tickets for the event are available at Showclix. Available prices are as follows:
- Weekend passes are $30 through 1/31 then increase to $35 on 2/1
- Single Day Friday or Saturday - $15
- Two Day Saturday/Sunday - $20
- Super Steeltown Sunday Discounted ticket - $10
Discounted room rate is $105 plus 14% tax per night. To reserve your room by calling the hotel direct at 412-922-8100 or toll free at 1-800-439-4745 and mentioning Horror Realm. You can also reserve online at here detail with code HOR.
This year, guests include:
- Tony Todd (Candyman)
- Derek Mears (Friday the 13th 2007)
- Felissa Rose (Sleepaway Camp)
- Tiffany Shepis (Tromeo & Juliet, Sharknado 2)
- Sean Whalen (People Under the Stairs)
- John Amplas (Martin, Day of the Dead)
- College football Hall of Famer Major Harris (The Axeman of Henderson County)
- Dan Kamin (Creepshow 2)
- Bob & Bobby Cranmer, author of The Demon of Brownsville Road
- John Ventre, UFO researcher and author who has appeared on on History Channel's Hangar 1, Discovery Channel's Close Encounters and PCTV's UFOs over Pittsburgh
- Mord McGhee, author of Murder Red Ink
- Amy Lynn Best & Mike Watt of Happy Cloud Pictures
- Fred & Shelby Vogel of ToeTag
- Larry & Cindy Parmiter of Semi Charmed Productions
From American Horror Story, appearing courtesy of In Person Productions:
- Naomi Grossman (Pepper)
- Erika Ervin (Amazon Eve)
- Rose Siggins (Legless Suzi)
Group photos with American Horror Story: Freak Show cast members Naomi Grossman, Erika Ervin and Rose Siggins are available for purchase. We are pleased to be working with Morbid Memories by Sigler Photography to produce photo ops again. Cost is $60 and includes an 8x10 photo and protective plastic sleeve. Photos will be ready within two (2) hours and can be picked up on site. Photo op times are Friday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 2 PM.
Purchase your photo op tickets in advance at here.
Photo op rules:
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time
- No more than two adults per photo.
- Children under 12 can be included in the photo with adults.
- No photos or video with your own camera or camera phone
That’s not all! There a lots of events scheduled (all of which can be viewed on the Official Horror Realm Website), including these highlights:
(Please Note: All panels and events will take place in the Greenery Room. Convention admission is required) The schedule is as follows:
- 7:00 pm - John Amplas
- 8:00 pm - John Ventre - UFO Researcher and Author
- 9:00 pm - Author panel with Matt Demas and Steven Till
- Midnight - Rocky Horror Picture Show featuring shadow cast by the Junior Chamber of Commerce Players
- 10:30 am - KSWA / Pittsburgh Pro Wrestling Discussion
- 11:00 am - Post Mortem Press author panel - Eric Beebe, C. Bryan Brown, Jessica McHugh, Nelson W. Pyles and Jon Towers
- 12:00 pm - Felissa Rose and Tiffany Shepis
- 12:50 pm - Derek Mears
- 1:45 pm - The Demon of Brownsville Road author panel with Bob & Bobby Cranmer
- 2:30 pm - Tony Todd
- 3:30 pm - American Horror Story cast panel – Naomi Grossman, Erika Ervin and Rose Siggins
- 4:30 pm - Post Mortem Press Trivia Contest
- 5:30 pm - Author panel with Mord McGhee, Paul Nielsen and Cheryl Williams
- 6:30 pm - Horror Match Game with your host Mr. Schlock
- 10:00 pm - Freak Show Party - open to convention pass holders or $10 at the door (includes bonus Sunday convention admission)
- 10:30 pm - Costume Contest - must preregister by 7 PM at convention admissions - included in party admission
- Noon - Sean Whalen
- 1:00 pm - Zombie Squad Preparedness Panel
- 2:00 pm - Sean Whalen Actors Workshop – separate fee – details to be announced
In addition to the events, the convention offers a large dealer room, celebrity autograph signings, a film program which includes obscure and independent movies, guest & author panels, games and contests round out the event schedule.
Party with the ladies from AHS: Freak Show - Naomi Grossman, Erika Ervin and Rose Siggins will be joining us. And you know Felissa Rose and Tiffany Shepis will be there too!
Our friends from The Muzik Machine: DJ Service return to provide the tunes for the evening. Get your requests and your dancing shoes ready!
Costume contest starts at 10:45 PM. This year's theme is freak show/carnival/circus. First prize is $100 cash. Second prize is a free 3-month horror block subscription from Nerd Block.
You must register for the contest during convention hours (Friday 5 PM to 10 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 7 PM). No entries will be accepted after 7 PM on Saturday.
Admission is free for anyone with a convention pass. If you do not have a convention pass, admission is $10 but you'll get a wristband for admission to the show on Sunday. Advance tickets can be purchased at Showclix or you can pay cash at the door.
There will be a cash bar and photo booth.
Join us - one of us, one of us. The freaks shall inherit the earth.
Actors Workshop to be Offered at Horror Realm
Sean Whalen, a working actor, writer, producer, and acting coach with more than 25 years of experience in Hollywood, will be leading a workshop for actors on Sunday, March 8 at 2 PM. “Scene Study from a Working Actor’s Perspective” will help participants break down scenes that are selected by Whalen based on their age. Scenes will be sent to participants in advance of the workshop to allow time for preparation and practice. Tickets for this unique presentation are $55 and must be purchased in advance prior to 5 PM on Saturday, March 7 at Showclix. The workshop is open to aspiring actors age 12 and older. Whalen, who is best known to horror fans from his role in the film “The People Under the Stairs”, will be appearing as a guest at the convention.
College Football Hall of Famer Major Harris to Appear at Horror Realm
Harris, who graduated from Brashear High School then moved on to become one of the greatest quarterbacks in West Virginia University history, was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2009. He is a two-time Heisman Trophy nominee, finishing fifth in the voting in 1988 and third in 1989. Harris is currently an assistant wide receiver coach at North Hills High School.
THE AXEMAN OF HENDERSON COUNTY (2014 Trailer)
Semi Charmed Productions LLC
Major Harris will be on hand to meet fans at Horror Realm on Friday, March 6 from 5 PM to 10 PM; Saturday, March 7 from 10 AM to 7 PM and Sunday, March 8 from 11 AM to 5 PM. This will be his first Pittsburgh area horror convention appearance. Fans will also have the opportunity to see the film at the convention on Saturday, March 7 at 6 PM.
So grab up your tickets and join the fun at this year’s annual Horror Realm Spring Break Massacre 2015! As always, more information on this event can be found at the Official Horror Realm Website and Facebook page. Hope to see you there!
About Horror Realm:
Horror Realm, serving the horror community since 2009, produces a spring and fall horror convention each year in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition to the conventions, Horror Realm also produces horror-themed entertainment and charity events in the area, including film screenings, author signings and art shows. Charities supported by Horror Realm have included Scares That Care, Fix The Chapel, Friends of the Hollywood Theater, The Bradley Center, Animal Rescue League, Pittsburgh Action Against Rape, Community Human Services, Myasthenia Gravis Association, Mainstay Life Services and Shepherd Wellness Community. www.horrorrealmcon.com; www.facebook.com/HorrorRealmCon; www.twitter.com/HorrorRealmCon; firstname.lastname@example.org