Monster Bash (2014 Trailer)
So what is Monster Bash? It's a film festival. A place to meet the people in the movies, behind the movies and fellow fans of the movies. A series of events celebrating classic horror and science fiction films. And, a monster memorabilia shopping center.
Caroline Munro and Yvonne Monlaur
This year is filled with all kinds of great events and guest stars from the good ol’ gruesome days of yesteryear! Victoria Price (Vincent Price’s daughter), Caroline Munro (one of PU’s FAVORITE Hammer actresses - grrrowl!), Veronica Carlson (Dracula Has Risen From the Grave), Yvonne Monlaur (Brides of Dracula), Larry Storch (F-Troop, and the ORIGINAL Ghostbusters from Filmation), Son of Ghoul (Legendary Ohio Horror Host), Ron Chamberlain (Monster Bash Make-up Artist), John Tatarelli Jr. (Monster Bash Sculptor and Makeup Artist), Pittsburgh’s own Chilly Billy Cardille (Chiller Theater), and more! Check out this guest list link!
Chilly Billy Cardille and Larry Storch
Admission prices for this event are:
- 3-Day VIP Membership DISCOUNTED to only $40 until October 1, 2014 ($10 off!)
- Single Day Admissions at the door, $20
- Three Day Admissions at the door, $50
- Monster Kids under 12 are FREE when accompanied by an Adult Monster.
For more information on tickets, click here.
So if you love classic horror this is the event for you! For more information, check out the Official Monster Bash Website! For a full schedule of events, click below to continue. Hope to see you there!
CLICK BELOW FOR THE
FULL MONSTER BASH SCHEDULE...
The schedule of events are as follows (and is subject to change - check the Monster Bash Official Schedule for changes ):
FRIDAY October 10, 2014
DEALER & GUEST OF HONOR SIGNING HOURS 3 PM - 9 PM
MOVIE ROOM HOURS 10:00 AM - 2:30 AM
- 10:00AM - 16mm FILM: MONSTERS WE'VE KNOWN AND LOVED. It's our traditional opening short film. A documentary produced back in 1964. A look at the classics from the early days through the eyes of 1964. Narrated by Joseph Cotten. Introduced by Ron Adams.
- 11:00AM - MOVIE: THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1957) The one that really kicked off the age of Hammer Films and paired the dynamic duo of Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. Peter Cushing plays Dr. Frankenstein and Chris Lee is the creature. Still startling and a cornerstone for Hammer Horror!
- 12:30PM - MOVIE: VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED (1960) Stars Geoege Sanders, Barbara Shelley and Martin Stephens. In the small English village of Midwich everybody passes out for hours during a day. A cosmic force from space seems to have something to do with it. Nine months later many of the women in that town have children. All the kids are blonde-haired and appear to be able to read minds. And, oh yeah, their eyes glow and they have some type of unified, evil intent upon mankind. A very different and effective tale of alien invasion
- 2:00PM - MONSTER BASH Q&A: MARTIN STEPHENS. From THE INNOCENTS to VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED to Hammer's THE WITCHES, Martin Stephens was a premier child actor through the 1960s. Moderated by Scott Goettel.
- 2:30PM - MOVIE: HORROR OF DRACULA (1958). Christopher Lee in his first portrayal of Count Dracula. Stunning and classy. Peter Cushing as Van Helsing.
- 4:00PM -Q&A: MARTINE BESWICK. Martine's credits include the James Bond films DR. NO, THUNDERBALL and FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE. You've seen her in DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE, ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., PREHISTORIC WOMEN, Rod Serling's NIGHT GALLERY and much more. Moderated by Scott Goettel.
- 4:30PM - SPECIAL FEATURE - THE FACE IS FAMILIAR: Dwight Frye. Dwight Frye is a face you've seen time and time again in our favorite movies. Not only was he the fly-eater from DRACULA (1931) and the hunchback from FRANKENSTIN (1931), he was so much more on stage and screen, and had an untimelt death in 1946. Now find out his story. Directed and written by Charles Henson.
- 5:00PM - Q&A SESSION: CAROLINE MUNRO. A Hammer favorite! Caroline appeared in DRACULA A.D. 1972, CAPTAIN KRONOS - VAMPIRE HUNTER, in Vincent Price's THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES, AT THE EARTH'S CORE with Peter Cushing, the James Bond epic THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and so much more. Moderated by Bob Pellegrino.
- 5:30PM - MOVIE: THE TOMB OF LIGEIA (1964) Stars Vincent Price and Elizabeth Shepherd. Vincent Price's final Poe film with director Roger Corman. A lush movie shot in England and includes real ruins. A story of the supernatural and murder.
- 7:00PM -Q&A: ELIZABETH SHEPHERD. A special Q&A session in which Elizabeth Shepherd takes questions from audience, then does a very, very special reading of Edgar Alllan Poe's TOMB OF LIGEIA...the story in which her film with Vincent Price was based. Moderated by Scott Goettel.
- 8:00PM - MOVIE: THE MYSTERY OF THE MARY CELESTE (1937). One of the very first films produced by Hammer Studios. It stars Bela Lugosi in a tale of murder on the seas and the mystery of a derelict ship. Based on a real life account.
- 8:30PM - LAST CALL FOR THE DEALER BALLROOM. Get your groovy, ghoulish goodies before the dealer room closes. Quick!9:30PM - Q&A: VERONICA CARLSON. Hammer starlet with credits that include: DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE with Christopher Lee, FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED with Peter Cushing, THE GHOUL with Cushing, THE HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN and more. Moderated by Scott Goettel.
- 10:00PM - BASH BAND: THE BASH BOYS! Enjoy The Monster Bash Band in the movie room. The band features staffers: Kevin Slick on keyboards, Bob Pellegrino on the drums, Keven Scarpino on electric bass, Bash vendor Michael Pierce on rhythm guitar and long-time Bash attendee Steven Thornton on lead guitar. PLUS,....A VERY SPECIAL "HAMMER ENCORE!" Don't scare miss it!
- 11:00PM -MEXICAN MONSTER NIGHT: THE MONSTER DEMOLISHER (1964). Vampire master Nostradamus terrorizes a Mexican village with his hunchbacked assistant. Creepy scenes combined with inane dubbing that lends itself to a fine evening. The movie is dubbed in English. Introduced by your Mexican Monster Night host, author Roberto Cotter. Free tacos and burritos (while they last).
- 12:30AM - MONSTER BASH LATE SHOW: ED WOOD'S BIRTHDAY BASH. Iconic bad movie director, Ed Wood would have been 90 years old on October 10th. How could we miss this opportunity to celebrate?! Hosted by Leonard Hayhurst and Thom Shubilla there will be prizes and fun with PLAN BASH FROM OUTER SPACE. Don't dare miss it!
DEALER HOURS & GUEST OF HONOR SIGNING HOURS 10AM-6PM
MOVIE ROOM HOURS 8:00AM-2:30AM
- 8:00AM - SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS & CEREAL. Cartoons for kids of all ages. Plus, FREE cereal is passed out to the audience...just the way Saturday morning used to be growing up...cartoons and cereal. Hosted by TV horror host SON OF GHOUL with FRANKENBERRY live and in-person!
- 9:00AM - TV PILOT: F-TROOP. From the 16mm collection of Keven Scarpinio - the original pilot episode of F-TROOP starring Larry Storch.
- 9:30AM - MOVIE: THE BOWERY BOYS MEET THE MONSTERS (1954). Stars Leo Gorcey, Huntz Hall, Lloyd Corrigan, Ellen Corby, John Dehner and Laura Mason. Slip and Satch visit an old mansion to ask the owners if the kids from the bowery can play ball on their lot. Once inside they realize that their trapped in a crazy monster house! There's a female vampire (Vampira-like), a man-eating plant, werewolf, one mad gorilla and a robot besides a mad doctor running the show!
- 11:00AM - 16mm PROGRAM: SATURDAY STOOGE MATINEE. Cleveland TV Horror Host SON OF GHOUL runs amok with his Stooge show!
- 12 NOON - TV PILOT: TALES OF FRANKENSTEIN (1959). Anton Diffring plays Dr. Frankenstein in this unsold TV pilot. The Frankenstein monster, played by Don Megowan, is in Karloff-styled classic make-up. A joint venture between Universal and Hammer studios.
- 1:00PM - MOVIE: THE GORGON (1964). Wonderful mix of Hammer horror and mythology. Peter Cushing stars. Don't look at The Gorgon, whatever you do!!! Don't look! The perfect Halloween season Hammer film.
- 2:30PM - TALK: THE WOMEN OF HAMMER HORROR! Writer and historin Bobb Cotter discusses his research on the women and films of Hammer Studios.
- 3:00PM - TV SHOW: F-TROOP MEETS VINCENT PRICE! An episode of the classic F-TROOP television comedy starring Larry Storch and Forrest Tucker. This special Halloween show called "V is for Vampire" featured Vincent Price as a.....vampire!
- 3:30 PM - MONSTER BASH Q&A: LARRY STORCH. Larry is a wealth of Hollywood history in film, TV and stage. He knew everybody! He even was in the Peter Lorre role as the doctor on the stage in ARSENIC AND OLD LACE. He is a very specyal guest and an entertainment legend. He co-starred with Tucker and Bob Burns in TV's original GHOST BUSTERS too. What a talent. Moderated by Scott Goettel.
- 4:00 PM - MOVIE: THE LOST CONTINENT (1968). Hammer studios take you on a boat trip to The Lost Continent! A group of travelers are washed to a lost world island in a storm. They encounter giant crabs and various monstrosities!
- 5:00PM - LAST CALL FOR DEALER ROOM - ONE HOUR TO GO! Only 60 minutes left for the dealer room today. Don't miss out getting some creepy cool merchandise from all your favorite vendors....you might not see some of this stuff ever again.
- 5:30 PM - MONSTER BASH Q&A: SUZANNA LEIGH. She acted with Elvis, hung out with Ringo Starr and Harry Nilsson (in SON OF DRACULA) and starred in Hammer's THE LOST CONTINENT and LUST FOR A VAMPIRE. Suzanne also was in George Pal's TOM THUMB, THE SAINT TV show, THE DEADLING BEES and more. Moderated by Scott Goettel.
- 6:00PM - MOVIE: THE REPTILE (1966). Colorful Hammer flick about a man's daughter and a terrible secret. Ah, heck, the secret is that she turns into a bug-eyed reptile woman with fangs! The ever-present Michael Ripper is on hand too.
- OUTDOOR SATURDAY NIGHT BEGINS
- 7:30 PM - DRIVE-IN MOVIE: THE TINGLER (1959). Get ready for Bash fun! We will show the film in the parking lot. You will need to have your car facing a small line of trees facing away from the hotel. Or, you can bring a blanket and sit in the center lawn "island." We'll have the audio on a PA system. Special thanks to Drive-In historian Mark Bialek and projectionist Geoffrey Curtis for making this happen. And, make sure to check out Mark's Drive-In Web areas at www.driveintheatre.org! In the event of rain..this will run indoors. Pre-movie cartoon provided by Son of Ghoul.
- 9:30 PM - MONSTER BASH PRICELESS EVENT: VICTORIA PRICE. The daughter of one of the most amazing men in the history of film. A true Renaissance man. Art collector, art historian, stage actor, film actor, TV actor, master cook....from horror, suspense, drama to comedy, he did it all. Introduced by Ron Adams.
- 10:30PM - BASH SPECIAL: LET THEM EAT CAKE! Guest of Honor Reception, photo ops & monster sized sheet cakes will be set up and served near Monster Bash registration in the lobby in front of the Creepy Classics room, free to all Bash attendees! Served up by the Bash staff!
- 11:00 PM -MONSTER BASH THEATER: Zach Zito and the Hammer Players. Zach is an amazing performer. He brings stage acting to Bash with an Edgar Allen Poe program....which will co-star some of your favorite MONSTER BASH guests! Amazing.
- 12:00 MIDNIGHT - THE MONSTER BASH "FESTIVAL OF THE NEW WINE Song." A Monster Bash tradition. Bob Pellegrino sings the "Song of the New Wine" from FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN. Plus, the great free prize toss, this year featuring magazines, DVDs, and just plain cool Monster Kid stuff. Plus the MONSTER BASH AWARDS too ("The Forry").
- 12:30AM BASH LATE NIGHT MOVIE: THE HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD (1970). Stars Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Ingrid Pitt. Investigations into a house with many murders in its past lead to a series of creeped-out stories. Stories of possession, witches, voodoo, insanity leading to gruesome waxworks and vampirism! Along with the 1972 TALES FROM THE CRYPT, one of the best in a long series of horror anthologies that rolled in theaters through the 1960s-1970s. The first tale of a writer posssed by a charcter called "Dominic" that he created in fiction sets the pace for a fun thrill-ride.
DEALER HOURS, GUEST SIGNING HOURS 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM MOVIE ROOM HOURS 9:00AM-5:00PM
- 9:00AM - FILM SHORTS: Two obscure, spooky films from the 1940s just perfect for the Halloween season.
- 10:00 AM - MOVIE: THE CREEPING UNKNOWN (1955) Hammer's blobish science fiction landmark. Stars Brian Donlevy, Marcia Dean and Jack Warner. An astronaut returns to earth, his crew mates totally missing. The sickly survivor has a bizarre growth on him that begins looking like a "blob-cactus." It's slowly engulfing him and absorbing him through alien intelligence. It's a wild manhunt as the altered astronaut is on the run, feeding on animals and humans. An eye-popping climax at Westminster Abbey. A landmark in classic British sci-fi.
- 11:30AM - MOVIE: THE BRIDES OF DRACULA (1961). The vampires are loose, Hammer style. Look out Yvonne Monlaur! One of the all-time greatest vampire movies ever.
- 1:00PM - MONSTER BASH Q&A: YVONNE MONLAUR. French actress Yvonne Monlaur talks about her career, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, working at Hammer Studios....a delight! Moderated by Ron Adams.
- 1:30PM - ABBOTT & COSTELLO THEATER: ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948). The rip-snortin' monster fest classic and Abbott & Costello's pinnacle. Lou's brain is targeted for the Frankenstein Monster's skull by Dracula (Lugosi) and his lovely assistant. Larry Talbott flies in from London to try and help keep Dracula from completing his nefarious plans. Lon Chaney Jr. is great in his final Larry Talbot/Wolf Man incarnation, Glenn Strange rocks as the mighty Frankenstein Monster and Bela Lugosi's major studio swan song --- and he's GREAT! And...it's got Vincent Price too!
- 3:00PM - MOVIE: THE PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES (1966). One of the best, least talked about Hammer films. Understated with cool looking zombies. A horrifying dream sequence.
- 4:30PM - SPECIAL FEATURE - TRIBUTE: A fond look back at all the Monster Bash past guests and classic horror and sci-fi stars that we lost over the past year. Compiled, produced by Charles Henson.
- 4:30PM - LAST CALL FOR DEALER ROOM! Only 30 minutes left for the dealer room today. Don't miss out getting some creepy cool merchandise from all your favorite vendors....you might not see some of this stuff ever again.
- 5:00PM - MONSTER BASH MEMORIES: MONSTER BASH 2013. What a great way to end another Monster Bash. Let's re-live Monster Bash 2013.